Instructions for Authors
Authors wishing to participate in the conference can submit either an abstract of a maximum 1000 characters or a 8-page paper (extended abstract). Papers may be written in Spanish, English, or Portuguese, the three official languages of CLAIO. For the submissions, the EasyChair system will be used.
You should upload a PDF document through the EasyChair system and the paper should be formatted according to the following requirements:
- Paper size: Letter (8.5 in by 11 in); minimum, maximum length: 6 to 8 pages (including everything: figures, tables, references, etc.). This length is mandatory; otherwise the paper will be withdrawn from the proceedings.
- Margins: 1.5 inches on every side. Format your paper using Times New Roman font with 11 pts, single column and single spacing. The title should be in 16 pts, bold, centered with section header font size of 12 pts in bold. The abstract and keywords should be in 11 pt.
- Author names should be typed in 12 pts. Type author name in one line, affiliation in the second line, and e-mail in the third line line, all center-justified. Do the same for each author.
- Abstract should be written between 750 and 1000 characters (including spaces). In addition, Title and abstract are typed within the box provided in the EasyChair system. Both title and abstract must use the same language (English, Spanish, or Portuguese).
- Tables and figures: Each sequentially numbered. Table captions on top and figure captions below, at 10 pts. Header and footer areas must be empty and no page numbering.
- References: In 10 pts, numbered, and sorted alphabetically by first author. For LaTeX users, the “plain” style is preferred.
Submit your paper
Submission of abstracts and papers are processed through the EasyChair conference system. Use your existing username/password to login. If you are new to the EasyChair conference system, please create an account first.
When submitting your abstract/paper through EasyChair
- You must check first CLAIO
- You must choose at least one topic from the given list.
- IMPORTANT: Please put as first author the presenting author. An author may present a maximum of two paper, although may appear as a co-author in any amount of papers. Please print or store the paper ID number sent to you by the system because you will need it when registering for the conference. If you forget it, this ID can be retrieved by logging into the EasyChair system.
Program and Abstract
All accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstracts of the XIX CLAIO.
Proceeding of CLAIO
All the extended abstracts will be published in the Proceeding of the XIX CLAIO.
Annals of Operations Research Special Issue for CLAIO 2018 - Call for Papers (Post Conference)
A special Issue of Annals of Operations Research will be edited with works from the conference. This will follow the usual editorial and refereeing policies of the journal.
Participants at CLAIO that have presented a talk (either from an abstract or paper) will be invited to submit full papers (with extended and complete details about the research presented) to this special issue.
The official CFO is available here: Call for Papers for Annals of Operations Research (available after July 30th, 2018)